Webroot Internet Security Complete Review
Webroot Internet Security Complete offers low footprint anti-malware Webroot Internet Security Complete uses a cloud-based approach to online security providing a particularly light footprint that protects you against the latest threats as soon as they emerge. And it does so at blazing fast speeds.
Malware, short for malicious software, is an umbrella term used to refer to a variety of forms of hostile or intrusive software, including computer viruses, worms, trojan horses, ransomware, spyware, adware, scareware, and other malicious programs
Installation and setup.
First you need the software, you can either purchase it boxed, or the easiest solution is to download it online here. If you are not sure we advise that you try for free first. Downloading and installing the software is straightforward. These days the installation of most antivirus products is quite simple.
Fast Cloud Based Protection
Cloud antivirus is a programmatic solution that offloads antivirus workloads to a cloud-based server, rather than bogging down a user's computer with a complete antivirus suite.
If you have an older system that is a little slow, or lacking storage space this could be a great choice - its signature database is stored in the cloud, which means it only takes up about 2MB of space on your hard drive and doesn't require constant updates. It also only takes up about 4MB of RAM during system idle, which is especially important for those of you that don't have much RAM to spare.
The information is easy to understand, well placed, and not cramped like some products, making it easier to get things done quickly and effortlessly. For a product with so many features, the interface on both Windows and Android is clean and sleek.
For example, deep down in the settings you can choose from one of several pre-canned security profiles, designed to beef up protection or stop Bitdefender bothering you depending on what you're doing. Modes include gaming, movies, and public Wi-Fi. You can even have Bitdefender decide which mode to use by detecting your current activities. There are many useful features with Bitdefender Total Security 2017, to many to write here, we think it is always better for the user to use the product to see for themselves.
Some of the many features
- Complete Data Protection - Absolute power in the most efficient antivirus available today.
- Active Threat Control - Behavioural detection to closely monitor your active apps.
- Ransomware Protection - Place sensitive documents under special protection from malicious encryption programs
- Powerful Anti-phishing - Sniffs and blocks websites that masquerade as trustworthy ones.
- Sensitive Anti-fraud - Warns you whenever you visit websites that may try to scam you.
- Family-oriented protection - With Parental Advisor, you can discreetly supervise your children’s online activities so they are always safe online.
- Bitdefender Autopilot - Bitdefender Autopilot will run your entire cyber-security by itself.
- Privacy Firewall - Bitdefender Total Security 2017 you get an extra layer of protection so your personal information stays safe.
- Social Network Protection - Stay safe from malicious links and any threats that your friends unwittingly pass on to you via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or other social networks.
- Password Manager - Store your passwords, credit card information and other sensitive data in a secure vault for easy access whenever you need them.
- File Shredder - Use this tool when you wish to delete a file for good and leave no traces that it ever existed on your PC.
- Quick Risk Checker - Scans for security holes and vulnerabilities with just one click.
- Game, Movie and Work Modes - Detects when you play, work or watch a movie, so it knows not to bother you with unnecessary requests.
The Bitdefender Android app offers all the usual features you'd find in similar products, such as a malware scanner, privacy advisor, anti-theft features, and web browsing security. The privacy advisor will warn you if it thinks an app is putting you at risk with its permissions, and gives you the ability to uninstall it.
The Android app contains some useful extra touches. You can automatically capture a snapshot of a thief failing to open your phone with the wrong PIN, for example. You can also nominate a second phone from which to send a wipe command to your device. Also included is the ability to assign a PIN to any app as an extra layer of protection and privacy. Bitdefender even suggests which apps should have this measure applied.
Bitdefender Central app now available on iOS & Android
Bitdefender Total Security 2017 is easy to install and use with a huge set of features for individuals and the whole family.
Don't take our word for it - check out the latest software here.
Operating System Covered: Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10
Price: Paid versions
9Overall9Design9Features9Styles10Ease of use8Price