Bitdefender Total Security 2017
Bitdefender Total Security is the company’s ultimate security package with bags of features, top reviews and AV tests. Bitdefender's Antivirus Plus 2017, Internet Security 2017 and Total Security 2017 all use the same anti-malware detection engine, which starts with traditional signature-matching of known malware and adds heuristic monitoring of suspicious behaviour and suspicious code to catch shape-shifting bugs and zero-day malware.
Malware, short for malicious software, is an umbrella term used to refer to a variety of forms of hostile or intrusive software, including computer viruses, worms, trojan horses, ransomware, spyware, adware, scareware, and other malicious programs
Installation and setup.
First you need the software, you can either purchase it boxed, or the easiest solution is to download it online here. If you are not sure we advise that you try for free first. Downloading and installing the software is straightforward. These days the installation of most antivirus products is quite simple.
When you have finished installing Bitdefender Total Security 2017 it places an icon on your desktop giving you quick access when needed. The one thing that might annoy some users is the fact you have to register an account with Bitdefender to use, and activate the product. Again, it is another way for companies to collect your data, and to be honest if you purchase and download the product, and are emailed the Licence Key that should be enough, you should not be forced to register, or at least given the choice to register or not.
When you start Bitdefender for the first time you will be welcomed by the main UI (user interface). On the left hand side are icons representing areas identified as Protection, Privacy, Tools, Activity, Account info, Notifications and Settings. On selecting a particular one, it will bring up more options for that subject.
The information is easy to understand, well placed, and not cramped like some products, making it easier to get things done quickly and effortlessly. For a product with so many features, the interface on both Windows and Android is clean and sleek.
For example, deep down in the settings you can choose from one of several pre-canned security profiles, designed to beef up protection or stop Bitdefender bothering you depending on what you're doing. Modes include gaming, movies, and public Wi-Fi. You can even have Bitdefender decide which mode to use by detecting your current activities. There are many useful features with Bitdefender Total Security 2017, to many to write here, we think it is always better for the user to use the product to see for themselves.
bitdefender-1.jpg=Bitdefender default page.
bitdefender-2.jpg=A few of the modules available.
bitdefender-3.jpg=Added features on the Total Security Package.
Some of the many features
- Complete Data Protection - Absolute power in the most efficient antivirus available today.
- Active Threat Control - Behavioural detection to closely monitor your active apps.
- Ransomware Protection - Place sensitive documents under special protection from malicious encryption programs
- Powerful Anti-phishing - Sniffs and blocks websites that masquerade as trustworthy ones.
- Sensitive Anti-fraud - Warns you whenever you visit websites that may try to scam you.
- Family-oriented protection - With Parental Advisor, you can discreetly supervise your children’s online activities so they are always safe online.
- Bitdefender Autopilot - Bitdefender Autopilot will run your entire cyber-security by itself.
- Privacy Firewall - Bitdefender Total Security 2017 you get an extra layer of protection so your personal information stays safe.
- Social Network Protection - Stay safe from malicious links and any threats that your friends unwittingly pass on to you via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or other social networks.
- Password Manager - Store your passwords, credit card information and other sensitive data in a secure vault for easy access whenever you need them.
- File Shredder - Use this tool when you wish to delete a file for good and leave no traces that it ever existed on your PC.
- Quick Risk Checker - Scans for security holes and vulnerabilities with just one click.
- Game, Movie and Work Modes - Detects when you play, work or watch a movie, so it knows not to bother you with unnecessary requests.
The Bitdefender Android app offers all the usual features you'd find in similar products, such as a malware scanner, privacy advisor, anti-theft features, and web browsing security. The privacy advisor will warn you if it thinks an app is putting you at risk with its permissions, and gives you the ability to uninstall it.
The Android app contains some useful extra touches. You can automatically capture a snapshot of a thief failing to open your phone with the wrong PIN, for example. You can also nominate a second phone from which to send a wipe command to your device. Also included is the ability to assign a PIN to any app as an extra layer of protection and privacy. Bitdefender even suggests which apps should have this measure applied.
Bitdefender Central app now available on iOS & Android
Bitdefender Total Security 2017 is easy to install and use with a huge set of features for individuals and the whole family.
Don't take our word for it - check out the latest software here.
Operating System Covered: Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10
Price: Paid versions
Ease of use=10